Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, Watermark Publishing will accept the return of undamaged merchandise for a full refund, less any original shipping charges. Customers must ensure that the merchandise is packed for return in such a manner as not to incur damage during the shipping process.
If the item you have received is damaged in transit or defective, please photograph any damage to the packing materials before discarding them, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly offer you an exchange or refund. We do require that you return the defective item to us (we will provide a postage-paid label) in order to receive your credit/exchange.
Returns transactions must be initiated within 30 days of receiving your order.
We do not accept returns of any autographed books personalized to individuals, unless the book is defective.
We require a receipt or sufficient transaction identification information (name, shipping address, date of purchase) to match you up in our online sales records in order to issue a refund or exchange.
NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS will be issued for books purchased from our Used Books department. All sales of items marked in our store as "used" are final, except as detailed in our complete used book sales policy.
Used Books Return Policy
All books sold in the used book shop are as-is condition; by purchasing a hurt copy you accept that we will send you a book with the type of damage described in the product summary. It may be in better or in slightly worse condition than you anticipated. We have done our best to provide photographs and describe the general type of damage the copy you receive may have sustained, but we cannot catalog each copy, nor can we provide you with a written description of a specific copy’s condition. We will accept returns only under the following conditions:
- Damage to the book does not match the store description (e.g. If you receive a copy with unbound pages, but the description only indicated minor scuffing)
- Pages completely missing (or you may opt to receive PDFs or photocopies of the original pages at no additional charge)
- Mold or other decay damage (we will not knowingly send out a moldy book; we give the books a quick inspection, but on occasion stores have returned books that have sustained water damage not immediately apparent)
- All returns claims must be transacted within 14 days of purchase
- All returns must be pre-authorized; contact us at sales@ with your order number and reason for return prior to shipping back any books
- No refunds on shipping charges
- If any of these policies make you uncomfortable, particularly the idea of receiving a slightly-damaged book sight-unseen that you can’t return, please do not purchase through our used book shop. Sign up for our newsletter (you’ll receive an instant coupon via email for 30% off) and purchase a new copy instead.
We do not purchase used books for our shop. We have enough of our own, thanks!